Builderall versus WordPress, and all that you need to know.
“Imagine a world where you can access all the marketing tools you need to succeed in your business!” – says the Builderall sales pitch.
Builderall isn’t a Scam, but you have to give up WordPress!
Thinking of such a place where you can have everything you need to succeed online? If there is, it should be kinda expensive right? Well, after all, there are so many scams out there claiming that all you need is to buy their product and you’ll be successful. So this is worth a shot!
(Please note that this is an honest review of Builderall, and not a way of pitching this product to you!)
To start with, I think it’s rather too early to compare Builderall with WordPress. Reason is, WordPress is more robust and the Content Management System big enough to compete is Magento.
However, Builderall comes with super tools that is so fantastic that it seems not easy to find all in one place as Builderall. Let’s check them out…
Product Name: Builderall
Founder: Founded by Erick Salgado in 2011
Product Type: All-in-One Internet Marketing Platform
Price: $9.90, $29.90, $49.90 (Per Month)
Best For: Anyone who want to make money online or do any forms of marketing online
Summary: Builderall is a great platform which offers a wide range of tools to help you grow your online business at a very affordable price. But it’s a stand-alone platform which means you’ll have to switch to a totally new platform if you’re already using WordPress to build website. Also, in order to continue running your business, you have to keep paying Builderall recurring fees.
Why do you need Builderall
If you have some experience in internet marketing, you know that in order to run a fully functioning online business, you need quite a number of different tools and services.
For example, you need a web hosting, a website builder, Email autoresponder, sales funnel and many more.
All these are mostly paid services on its own and you can easily spend hundreds of dollars per month on these tools.
Let me just show you some of the common tools and how much they cost individually:
- Thrive Architect (Landing Page Builder) – $67
- Wealthy Affiliate (Web hosting + Website Builder) – $49/month
- ConvertKit (Email Autoresponder) – $29/month (for less than 1K subscribers)
- ClickFunnels (Sales Funnel Building) – $97/month or $197/month
The higher your website/platform rise, the more services you’ll require, and the more you’re going to pay for.
How Builderall comes in…
Builderall is an All-in-One digital marketing platform which allows both beginners and experienced marketers to build their own websites, landing pages, sales funnels and many more things to scale their online business ALL IN ONE PLACE!
Summarily, it offers both Web design and digital marketing tools. Not only that, their prices are also extremely affordable.
More on the detailed features later. Let’s first take a look at a DEMO video by Alex Paim, Builderall Marketing Strategist, walking you through the entire Builderall platform:
What Builderall offers? (pros)
So the list below are all the tools you can access in the Builderall platform which you’ve just seen in the video. Let me just briefly walk you through each of them…
- HTML5 (Drag & Drop) Site Builder – User-friendly interface that even beginners can create beautiful websites (include thousands of templates)
- Email Marketing Platform (Mail Boss) – Unlimited Autoresponder campaigns up to 10K subscribers
- Responsive Website/Blog Builder – This is the feature I couldn’t agree on. Builderall does NOT have a responsive website builder (I’ll explain later)
- Animated Video Creator – This is a very cool feature. You an easily create your own animated video to promote your business.
- Floating Video Creator – The feature the makes your video float on your website.
- Design Studio Mockups – This is another great tool for you to design professional-looking cover images, posters, etc, without using complicated photo editing software
- Presentation Builder – This tool allows you to create digital presentation on your website (unlike the real life presentation)
- On-Page SEO Report Tool – Another good thing about Builderall is that their website can be indexed and rank on Google. This tool helps you optimize your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) settings.
- Facebook Integration – Builderall websites can seamlessly integrate with your Facebook page to gain more leads and customers from your followers on Facebook.
- Browser Notifications – This is a very powerful function because your audience will receive notifications about your website even if they’re not on your website (Of course with their permission)
- Lead Capture Tools – I believe this requires no further explanation. It helps you collect your subscribers Email addresses
- Click/Heat Map Tool – This is another interesting tool. This is often a paid service from other companies. You can track how your audience behave on your website to optimize your conversion rate.
- iOS/Android App Creator – Last but not least, another unique tool. You can easily build your own mobile App in their platform.
What I like most about Builderall is that they have a lot of guidance within their platform. Despite there are so many different features, there are 200+ video tutorials to teach you how to use each of them to grow your business.
On top of that, there’s a Private Facebook Group for all Builderall members as well as Weekly Live Training for you to learn new skills.
Who should use Builderall, and who shouldn’t…
Since Builderall has lots of tools and functions, it’s actually suitable for a wide range of audience, such as…
- Newbies (who have zero experience in digital marketing)
- Affiliate Marketers (who earn commission by promoting other people’s products)
- Product Creators (who wants to sell their own products online, both physical & digital)
- Small Business Owners (can be people who want to build a website for their local business)
- Marketing Agencies (help other people with website building and marketing)
- Anyone who wants to make money online
However, I believe Builderall is NOT for people who already have their own websites unless they want to spend time and money to switch platform, which I think isn’t a bright idea.
Builderall has a Platform Lock-in (cons)
You must be aware that Builderall is a stand-alone platform.
Although it can integrate with quite a number of third party software/tools, you will need to stick to this platform and keep paying them monthly or yearly fees if you want your websites or your landing pages to keep running. (That’s the “Platform Lock-in” issue which I’ll talk about in just a moment.)
So, if you happen to be someone who doesn’t have a website yet and want to build one for your online business, Builderall is for you.
Builderall is also for you if you just want to build a landing page or a funnel for your next campaign.
Other than that, I wouldn’t recommend you to switch into a totally new platform like chasing a “shiny object”.
Think about this for a moment. Builderall is offering 13 main features in their platform and they’re only charging you like $10 per month? $30 per month? That’s a crazy deal!
So, here’s the catch in my opinion…
Like I’ve mentioned earlier on, there’s this problem called the “Platform Lock-in” issue. What this basically means is that you’re indirectly forced to keep paying them the recurring fee in order for you to continue running your business.
It’s also quite hard and troublesome for you to switch to another platform.
So, they’re willing to charge you a very cheap price upfront. But they’re collecting much more profit at the back-end, including several upsells of course.
Advantages and Disadvantages
1. Everything in ONE Place
Builderall solved the problem that we need to purchase different tools from many different platforms.
Builderall brings everything under one roof so that you don’t have to overpay and over-complicate things.
2. Very Affordable & Reasonable Pricing
I would be happy to pay $50 per month or even up to $100 per month for all the services they provide. Yet, they’re charging at only $10 and $30 per month.
It’s a pretty crazy deal.
3. Easy-to-Use Interface
As you can see in the demo video, it’s very easy to build your own website and landing pages using Builderall.
All you need to do is “drag and drop” elements to the places you want them to be at.
It’s absolutely WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) platform!
4. Unlimited Website Hosting Provided
You have to purchase your own domain but it’s rare to see company offering UNLIMITED web hosting service.
5. Create Your Own Apps
This is a very unique feature because not many platforms out there allows complete newbies to build a mobile App by just using simple drag and drop functions.
This is effective for you to build some simple Apps. (Of course, don’t expect it to be very sophisticated!)
6. Suitable for a Wide Range of Users
Most products out there only target a specific group of people. However, like what I’ve listed earlier on, Builderall is catered for a wide range of audience.
Many groups of people can benefit from this awesome program.
7. Easier to Design Than WordPress
To be honest, using WordPress is like learning a completely new language in the beginning. So quite a number of people may struggle with WordPress when they’re just starting out without clear guidance.
Also, the design of your website in WordPress is pretty much depending on the theme you choose.
Unless you know how to code, it’s hard for you to customize all the design features to make it the way you want.
Builderall’s powerful page design function is a much better alternative if you are very particular about your website design.
8. 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Last but not least, you’re able to get your money back within 30 days if you’re not satisfied with Builderall.
1. It is NOT WordPress
Having said that it’s better than WordPress in terms of design, WordPress is still the leading platform for building websites.
For your info, WordPress runs 28.9% of the entire Internet. (Source: codeinwp) That’s a huge share!
Being the major player in the game, people are more familiar with WP rather than Builderall. There are also much more tools and integrations that are related to WordPress.
Most importantly, there are more freedom in WP. You won’t be stuck to the platform like you will in Builderall.
If you’ve noticed, I haven’t talked about the “Builderall Business“ package as shown in the pricing plan.
This Builderall Business is the plan you need to purchase if you want to make money by promoting Builderall, like an affiliate program.
However, this means that you need to pay an extra $50 per month just for you to promote Builderall and be eligible for commission.
This is the “play-to-play” situation I’m talking about. You’re basically paying in order to be paid. Sounds wrong, right?
Yes, they do offer quite a number of training and resources to help you promote Builderall. But from my experience, I just feel that it’s not worth it to keep paying $50 per month for an affiliate program.
My Secret Tip for You as an Affiliate:
If you want to promote Builderall and earn affiliate commission, go to JVZoo and search for Builderall.
You can apply to become an affiliate of Builderall there. The only difference is that if you purchase through their Builderall Business, you can earn up to 100% commission for every new referral. Whilst for JVZoo, your commission is only up to 50%.
3. Unclear Pricing
As you can see on their pricing options page, they didn’t clearly indicate that the prices listed are monthly recurring.
If you’re not observant enough, you may think that it’s a one-time fee.
4. Platform Lock-in Issue
I’ve explained this earlier on. Basically, you’re indirectly forced to be a lifetime customer of Builderall if you want to continue running your business.
The only way to escape from this trap is to start over again using WordPress, which is a much more commonly used platform.
5. Page Builder is NOT Responsive!
Huh? I though you just mentioned you can build responsive website and pages on Builderall?
Theoretically YES but in reality NO!
Let me explain…
Builderall allows you to design your page in three different format – desktop, tablet and mobile. So you need to design three times in order for your page to look decent on all platforms.
Is it that simple and straight-forward? Obviously NO!
The problem with Builderall is that its software is not built to be responsive. That’s why you need to design 3 times on each device.
A truly responsive page builder is that your contents will adjust themselves no matter the size of your screen. All you need to do is to go into different device mode and do some minor editing to perfect the details.